Our lives were changed forever, in the best way possible. It's amazing because many people will say that the best day of their lives was when their children were born. I would have to disagree. It was the best at that point, but almost every day is better.
It's the weirdest feeling because you don't want them to grow up, yet you are so proud of the things they are doing and they truly are "getting cuter everyday!" I have been so emotional, even though I didn't think I would be. We made a DVD of Ryan's 1st year to show at his party, and I can't even watch without crying through the whole thing. When I took him to his 1 year well check appointment, they had him stand up on the scale. Stand! Not cradled in the baby scale, but on the KID scale. I am sure the nurse didn't see, but my eyes welled up. As he stood there, he was playing with the cord and buttons on it. So curious about his world. He got into everything in the exam room and acted like a true one year old. I swear that he woke up on his birthday a kid and not a baby any more.
I feel extremely grateful to be Ryan's mother. He has the best, happiest, smartest, easy going personality. He is pretty silly too! It's amazing how well he fits into our lives and into our family. I have learned so much this year from him. I have to apologize to him for being the first child and getting all my mistakes, but they were all with love. He will definitely have gotten the most attention out of all our children, I'm sure. You know how some people say, "how can I love another child the same?" And the answer is, "you just do?" Well I definitely want more kids, but I find myself wondering this lately. Ryan is so perfect in every way, how will this next baby even compare!? This kid is going to have big shoes to fill. :)
I am so thankful to all the people in Ryan's life and all the support they have given. This kid (Ryan, so sad he's not a baby any more!) has so many people who love him and absolutely adore him. My mom has been such a great help, especially since we moved. She comes down whenever I need her, and Ryan loves her. He gets so excited when he sees her. She also gives him anything he needs. I rarely buy stuff for him, because she thinks of it and gets it first. We are so blessed.
Jared and I both feel overwhelming love for this little boy. He is our world. We wouldn't have it any other way. Ryan turning one was such a fun day in our little journey and we are excited for each and every day.
I never would've guessed where we would be a year ago. Those early days are so uncertain. You worry about every little thing. Watching our home videos I feel so bad for Ryan, because I was so unsure and slow with everything. His first bath was like 8 minutes long. Just a sponge bath! We would worry when he would cry, because he never cried. He was a grunter. :) We worried about germs, about whether he was too hot or cold, about how much he was eating, if he was getting enough stimulation, so many things. As much fun as those days are, I am so glad of where we are at. I am the mother of the cutest kid in the world. And I just pray he enjoys me as much as I enjoy him! lol.
I am so excited for the next year to come. It will be as much, if not more fun. I love you Baby Boy. You are my life, and your father and I absolutely adore you. Never feel like you can't turn to us for your questions, hugs and kisses, or when you're upset, sad, or happy. We are your parents and while we want the best for you, we understand it is your journey and your test. We just hope that you'll grow up to remember what families are for and that we'll always be here for you. We love you Ryan! Happy 1st Birthday!
11 comments:
So I am behind on checking your blog, I swear I don't even have time to pee anymore these days, I love both my kids so much, but man they are so much work! But your blog brought tears to my eyes! I totally agree, its very emotional! Kids really make life worth living I think! I am so sad I missed the party! I wish I could see the video you made!
Cute pictures! It really is amazing the feelings you have as a mother...I'm with you on the not knowing how I could love another as much. I am enamored with Sadie and just can't imagine feeling more love. But I know I will. Crazy.
I feel exactly the same way you do! I have loved the baby stage, but I think we are going to have lots of fun this next year. We get so amazed at even the smallest things he does. I feel like he gets happier and cuter and funnier each day! Ryan wants to be done having kids (jokingly), because he thinks the next kid won't compare.
That's a great idea to do a video of his first year to play at his birthday party. I think I might take your idea. By the way, I love that first picture of Ryan when he was just born. He looks so peaceful, almost like he's smiling. I'm sure he was happy, knowing that he got you for a mom.
Random side note, I signed up to take the training to become a certified car seat safety technician! It's from April 28-May 1, all day. I'm super excited, but a little nervous too. It's supposed to be pretty intense. After I'm finished, I'll do a part two of car seat safety.
Happy Birthday Ryan! It's hard to believe you can love another child just as much, but you do! It's so much fun for kids to have siblings to play with. I can't believe it's already been a year since baby Ryan was born. He is such a cute little boy!
Aw I'm so sad I had to miss his party. Can you post the video on youtube or something? I can't wait to see it!
I loved this post. Makes me excited to have kids someday!
Ryan is so cute. What an adorable first baby to be blessed with.
I love you and I love him!
Smile I am one year anniversary grandmother for Ryan LOL. Happy Birthday to sweet grandson Ryan!!!
I look back to the past when you, Steven and Nancy were babies as I really enjoyed to do with you all. Time went FLY away toooooo fast. I feel like you were born 25 minutes ago is equal 25 years old but you will be 26 in May. Steven will be 24 in 2 weeks...I feel like he was born 24 minutes ago LOL. Nancy is 21...21 minutes ago. Now Ryan was born 1 minute ago LOL. That is funny story but it is true how I felt like the time went zoom fast.
I love you, Jared and Ryan. You all are wonderful smile.
I am sorry that I can't help to keep saying about the time as minutes and years. I got my own idea when you became adult at that time. I enjoy to say that. Please patient with me.
haha Mom's comment was funny!
Aww...he's so big! Happy Birthday little man!
wow, I can't believe he is 1 already!! Crazy how time flys like that. The first year is fun and it just gets better and better!!!
Happy 1st Birthday Ryan!! Isn't being a Mom just the absolute best thing in the world!! We are so incredibly lucky to have these litle guys!! We loved the party that you did for Ryan..you did such a great job! And the video was amazing. He will treasure that for years to come!
Post a Comment