Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We spent Halloween this year up in Idaho with Jared's family. We had a lot of fun!


We took our little cow to Laurie and Wes's ward party. They had yummy baked potatoes and fun "creepy" foods. Ryan was pretty tired and hungry with all the stuff going on. Grandpa Hale was glad to take him so Jared and I could get something to eat. Ryan almost ate ALL of Grandpa's jello. It was so funny! He just kept opening his mouth for more! After eating so much Jello, he totally conked out. The activities director at the ward blew an air horn about 6 times (really annoying when you have a sleeping baby!), but it didn't seem to bother him much since he was so tired!

We took him trick-or-treating around the parking lot at the church. It was so dark so it was hard to see, and I think he just wanted to go home. LOL. He seemed pretty cold, but still put on a show for everyone. He gave a cute smile to almost everyone we got candy from. With that cute smile combined with his cute costume, I think I have the cutest baby in the world! I am so not biased either! ;)
After Laurie and Wes' ward party, we went over to Grandpa Hale's to hang out. Ryan LOVED playing with his candy. He just loves the crinkling noise of the wrappers. He even sucked on a sucker the right way and got it so slobbery that the taste was going through. He was furious when I took it away from him. :D I did let him lick it for a little bit. He also got a taste of the hard kind of Smarties. He was sucking on the wrapper and in the few seconds I looked away he had opened it and had about 5 of them in his mouth tucked in his cheek. This was my first experience digging out stuff from his mouth. He hated it! Or maybe he just hated that I was taking away his candy again. :)

Ryan was being so cute at Grandpa's. He would pull himself up on this stool and just giggle and giggle. He just is always moving and always has something to see AND put in his mouth! He thought the trick-or-treaters were pretty interesting. I can't wait until next year when he can actually say trick or treat! (Well maybe. :)

We had a great time up in Idaho. We love hanging out with Jared's family. They are so awesome! It was a very fun Halloween!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Ryan is definately the cutest little cow I've ever seen in my whole life! Sweet baby boy. :)

Kimmie said...

Do you watch America's Next Top Model?? Ryan totally "smizes" aka smiles with his eyes. He's so animated. It's precious. What a cute little cow!! Precious!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

What a cute baby cow he is! No wonder he got so much candy! How can you resist a face like that?

Tina said...

Hands down the cutest cow I have ever seen! How fun!