Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Almost There...

Our home is almost ready for closing! This week seems to be going by so fast, yet so slow. (And yes, I still haven't started packing yet. I hate it so much! lol)

We were supposed to do our walk through on Monday and then close today, Wednesday, but the countertops didn't get put in on Friday so we did the walk through yesterday, on Tuesday. For the delay they upgraded our bathrooms to granite countertops. It's not the same as the granite I picked downstairs for the kitchen, so I am still having to get used to it. It will be great for resell though, and we know we'll be selling in at least 5 years.

It looks really good! I was so nervous about my choices, but they turned out great. The granite countertops are a little bit more pinker than I was expecting, but it still looks okay. The appliances look awesome! We have a 5 burner range! I didn't even notice that in the model home. Everything looks really good and now we just need to move in!

The appraiser or whoever for FHA should've walked through yesterday and now we're just waiting on paperwork. We could be closing tonight (highly unlikely) or tomorrow morning (more likely). We really want to close tonight so the money can go through and everything be recorded tomorrow and then on Friday our appliances (refrigerator and washer/dryer) can be delivered and installed. I really want the fridge going when we move in on Saturday. If anyone wants to come help move, we should be starting around 10 am. It's Jared's job to figure all this out, but he's been sick with the flu (we don't know which kind yet) and has pretty much been out of commission. Time for Mama to step up! :)

Anyway, here is the last time you'll see pictures for awhile. I will post pictures again when I have my decorating done and that could be at least a year! Depending on how much I can spend a month... hehe. Hopefully, I will be able to decorate sooner than later, but we'll see. I'm just glad we'll have a beautiful place to live and all that SPACE to call our own!




Laundry/coat closet/pantry




11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congratulations on your new place. Looks so nice. Wow!

Jefra said...

Wow, what a beautiful home you will have! Those hardwood floors are gorgeous! That's cool they gave you the granite counter tops in the bathroom.

Chris and Corie said...

aww, so exciting!!! To have your first home - and a NEW home..that's such a big deal! It's going to be so perfect for your little family! Congrats!

Merideth Sullivan said...

Your kitchen it so beautiful!! I am so jealous. It looks like a great place. Steven told me that he sold you your appliances. You're lucky you have that connection!

Tina said...

Congratulations!!! It looks perfect! I am in the same boat as you are with packing... by far not my favorite thing to do!

The Nat Nat said...

I am SOO jealous! Shirley, this is beautiful and a dream come true! Congrats!

The Larchars said...

That's cool your bathroom counter tops got to be upgraded! I sure wish we could do that, but I know it is very vain and not a priority for us!
I LOVE your doors. Is that weird I'm saying that? They are just so much cooler than regular, plain doors. It has that lined appearance that I adore!

Lisa said...

I am jealous becuase you have a nicer kitchen!!! LOL.

I am so proud of you all to have a nice house. I will miss you all.

I hope you both get recover from sick soon. Kill the season flu!!!

I will help you to move into a new house this weekend and I watch Ryan while you put things away.

Good Luck!!!

Simmons Family said...

How exciting!!! Good luck moving this weekend!

Missy said...

It turned out beautiful! I love the wood you chose for the cabinets and stuff. I like the wood floor in the kitchen too. It beautiful. You did a great job with your choices.

Grandma and Grandpa Roush said...

This looks so beautiful now since we walked through before carpeting, cabinets, bathrooms were finished. we are very impressed and can't wait to come down and see you now that you are moved in.