
I decided that since we will be parents to a little baby in a few months that we need to get as many dates in as we can. So every weekend we are going to try and do something fun for a date, something we don't normally do or something that we won't be able to do once the bundle of joy arrives. Yesterday was my first Friday off and so we went to The Cheesecake Factory. I had a gift card from my points on my American Express that I got about a year and a half ago. It was time to use it! The food was really good there. I can see why there is such a huge wait for it. We waited a little over an hour and a half to be seated. Jared had the Grande Burrito, which was HUGE! We will be eating the rest of it for lunch today. I had the fish special, Mahi Mahi Mediterranean Style. It was really, really good. I was disappointed in how much there was though. I ate all of my dish! Everyone else's plates around me were huge so I thought if I am going to spend $20 on a fish dish that I would be able to have leftovers! Not so. :( It was really good, but I wouldn't get it again. One of the best things about going out is eating the leftovers the next day! Since we were at The Cheesecake Factory we had to get dessert. We got Chris' Chocolate Cake/Brownie Special, or something like that. It had a layer of brownie, of coconut/pecan filling, chocolate cake, cheesecake, and then all the layers again to the brownie. Oh My Gosh, it was good! I ate all of my half. Surprise, Surprise! I will be eating Jared's half today. I will let him have a bite, but only if he's in the room. It was sooooo good! We had a really good time. The next time we go, we will plan on doing something else during the wait and we will share a meal. They are so big there is no real reason to get two.
After dinner, we went to my sister Nancy's place. She moved out of my mom's and into an apartment about two months ago and I hadn't been there yet! We were really close so we stopped by and it was a lot of fun. I love my sister so much. She is such a good person and so much fun to be around. We laid on her bed for like an hour with her just feeling the baby move. It was fun to watch her expressions as he rolled around in there. No one else is as patient as she is with feeling him. I know that it isn't as exciting for everyone else as it is for me, but she made me feel like she couldn't get enough, which was awesome. I love you, Nancy!
Here are some pictures of us! They aren't the best, because all my other pictures are still on Jared's hard drive that isn't connected to his computer...grr. But I do love my Sista!
We had a fun night and I can't wait until next Friday for the next one! I just love being with Jared. He really is such a good husband to me, especially in my condition. I've heard of women who hate their husband's when they are pregnant, but I guess I am lucky because I love mine more!
I also decided to dress up a little for our date. Here is Baby Ryan and me at 30 and so weeks!
5 comments:
mmmm, I've heard its good at the cheesecake factory but have never been. Hey, its cousin Tina. You look so cute! Glad I found your blog! I'll add you on my list that I visit!
I love the Cheesecake Factory. I keep hoping they will build one in Utah County but I don't think that will happen any time soon. Date night is a great idea. It's true that you can't do many things once you have your baby, but you can still do a lot. Just take him along, he'll enjoy the journey.
You are so beautiful pregnant woman!!! I love you.
I noticed in the background...you or Jared put the books back together. I laughed, because I cleaned up Sassy's vomit up on some books and the red chair while Shirley and Jared were in Idaho. Checked Sassy...she was good.
Anyway, I look forward to have grandson, Ryan. I will figure out a new name sign for Ryan. Wait and see how his character is then I will give a sign name. I am exciting...
Of course he is yours. You will be good parents. I am proud of you.
I love you.
Shirley! I'm so glad you have a blog! I love the Cheesecake Factry too! Yummmmmm! I'm so glad you had a great date! Isn't it the neatest thing to feel that little life inside you?!?! That is the only thing I love about being pregnant. (smile)
I love your pictures! You look so good in your last trimester!
I think you're just awesome! Love ya!
SHIRLEY-
That sounds like an awesome date!! Everyone says that the Cheesecake factory is the best, and I still haven't been there!! I really need to go and try it sometime!! What a great idea to have a way fun date night each week before the baby gets here!! That is a very smart idea! I still don't believe that you are 30 weeks.. you look amazing!! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment