Do you ever think of a million things you can post about and then when you sit down to post, you completely forgot every single one of them? It happens constantly to me. Hopefully it is just pregnancy brain and I'll be back to my original self in less than 9 weeks!!!
We are still getting ready for the baby. Last week we changed our room around so it would fit a pack 'n play. We will be using the bassinet part of it until we move and buy a crib at a garage sale this summer. So that was a huge task! We hadn't changed a thing in our room since we moved in which was over 3 years ago! We packed up a ton of clothes and consolidated to one dresser and one hamper. We bought one of those plastic storage drawer thingys and will use it for Jared's nightstand and for the baby's things. Our bed is up against a wall now, kind of weird, but Jared said he likes it. I can't wait until we move and will be able to have it in the middle again. My next project is packing up and cleaning out our office. I am not looking forward to that! The things we do for babies! We don't really have anything else yet, except a swing and rocking chair. My mom is a D.I. master and is able to find good stuff. The swing is one of those Papisan (sp?) ones that retail for like $120+, and she got it for $20. The rocking chair is just one of those wood ones. It will be nice to have. For everything else, we are waiting until after the baby showers to see what we will need. It is coming up so quick!
We also found out that I will have to go back to work after the baby is born. :( I really really wanted to avoid this, but common sense wins. Jared is taking five 400 level classes this semester and was finding that he just didn't have the time to devote to all of them. So instead of failing a class and having to retake it next winter semester, we decided to drop one of them and have him take it in the Spring. That means he won't be able to get a full-time job right after this semester. So I will be going back to work for at least 6 weeks after the baby is born. The good news is that after that class is over and a few generals, he will be done!!! Yay! and hopefully be able to quit. My mom will probably end up watching the baby and we might move in with her to save time and a little bit of money. Now I am wanting the baby to stay in as long as possible. I am miserable, but if he's two weeks late, that's probably about two weeks more I can spend with him during Spring semester.
Here is my first attempt at our video camera. It is a video of our baby right now, Sassy. It's a little long and boring and something that I enjoy watching over and over again, but she's my cat so it's a given that I think it's funny. Maybe you will enjoy it too if you're a cat person. If you don't enjoy it, I will understand. :) I had to edit it because Jared was on it and he didn't want to be put on the blog so this is my first video as well as editing attempt! I gotta get my practice in before Ryan gets here!
2 comments:
Yay sounds like you're planning like crazy! Its hard going back to work after the baby is born, I know how you feel. But it really does make the time you have together so much more valuable! I can't wait till this school year is over and I can be home with mine too. GOOD LUCK!
I do that all the time too! I sit down to blog and forget everything I was going to say and decide to postpone my blogging :) I have a lot of fun reading about the baby and preparation. How have you been feeling? I need to add you to my facebook! Your due date is coming very quickly! How exciting!
Post a Comment