Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Parties

I love this time of year!! It's always so good to see family and have fun with them. This year we celebrated part of Christmas a little early because my sister and her husband are going to be gone on Christmas day. They are going to Washington to be with her husband's family. So since she isn't going to be here, my mom wanted to do a dinner on Saturday before she left. We had a great dinner with lots of good leftovers. Thanks, Mom! The rest of the day was spent with the boys watching both BYU games, basketball and the Bowl game for football, in which BYU lost both. Not a good day for BYU fans. My mom, sister, and me all went shopping to get the last Christmas stuff done. Yes I am finally done! I even did all of Jared's shopping for me. :)

We take a Christmas picture in front of my mom's tree every year of our family and here is the one for 2008!



Jared and Me (and Baby.)


Another pregnant belly pic at my mom's for good measure. :) 27 weeks!


My sister, Nancy, my brother, Steven, and me.



We had our annual Richards Christmas Party on Sunday. I always love this party because there is good food, great company, and lots of fun traditions we do. We had a great meal of Ham, and I don't normally like Ham, but this one was really good. Maybe Ryan likes Ham and that's why I had to have three servings. :)



After dinner we do the nativity scene with all the grandkids and sing "Away in a Manger." I am the narrator. My grandma wants Ryan to be Baby Jesus next year. By then he will be 9 months old and I don't know how well he will like that! We will see. Next is white elephant gifts. Jared got a santa hat with a scottie dog on it and I got body glitter. We will see how that gets used lol.





Jonno, Nancy, and Me



Next, Santa comes to town! My grandpa has been dressing up as Santa for years and everyone takes a turn and sits on his knee and gets a present. The presents come from his elf, Grandma, and she did an awesome job this year.

Jared got a tool set that is totally cool. It has a tape measurer, the tiny screwdrivers, a box cutter, and a large screwdriver with all the interchanging ends.


I got a Christmas decoration made by my Grandma. I look forward to her homemade Christmas decorations every year. This year she had a present for Ryan. I was so surprised. It's a onesie that says "Don't let my size fool you!" It was really cute. Thanks Grandma and Santa!



We had a great time at both parties and just love Christmas. We'll be spending time with both of our families this week and can't wait. We think we have the best families in the world. We may be biased, but we sure love them. I hope everyone is having a great holiday!

Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I love your family picture in front of your mom's tree. You all look great!

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures!
I can't wait to meet you!
The dinner table looks amazing!
Very long!
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas day!

Lisa said...

See the picture of Shirley, Steven and Nancy...Title said,"My sister,nancy, my brother, Steven and me" Nancy is in Shirley's shoe and Shirley is in Nancy's shoe. LOL. You know I always call Shirley say "Nancy" or I always call Nancy say "Shirley". Shirley and Nancy look like each other LOL.

Merry Christmas. I love you.