Monday, December 1, 2008

Camcorder

This weekend Jared reminded me that we would probably need a camcorder with the new addition to our family. I had completely forgotten about that! So we're going to buy a video camera as our Christmas gift to eachother. I've started doing some research and realized I have no idea what I am doing. We'd like to spend between $150-200, or cheaper if you have any suggestions. I know the FLIP is pretty cheap, but not sure how it works or why it is so cheap. If you have a video camera, please give me some suggestions!!! And if you have a FLIP let me know how it's worked for you. We just mostly want to video our baby growing, but want one that will last. ALSO the hard drive kinds... seems silly to do anything else at this point of technology. Thanks!

P.S. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was delicious! Thanks to everyone who brought food to Tanya's and Tanya for providing her house. We also went up to Idaho for Jared's nephew's blessing. We had a blast and love our family so much!

3 comments:

Anna said...

We have a flip and actually sold our other more expensive snazzy camcorder (that was only a year old) when we got our flip. It is just perfect for us and the stuff we want to record (our kids). It's simple to use, takes good footage, and you can edit all the video when you plug it into your computer. You can even take any frame and print it as a photo...which I think is awesome. You can also get ones now that are water-proof.

FYI- Marcus told me what to write for most of that comment.

Jill said...

I'm so jealous. I really want a video camera but my husband insists on getting the nicest of everything and it really bugs me. He want to get an HD $800 video camera for some reason. We don't even have an HD television so I don't see the big deal. I just want something to record the kids, that's all. Maybe I can convince him to get the flip.

Chris and Corie said...

Sorry, I can't be of much help :(. We're waiting until Emily gets a little older to get a camcorder. For now, we just use the video feature on our camera since we only need short clips.

I'll be asking YOU the advice in a year or two :)