
Brynn turned 2 months today! I can't believe she has been in our family for two months. I still feel like it was yesterday that she was born. Things are starting to feel a little more normal, like I want to do extra things, but maybe that's just the holiday season getting me to do more than I normally would. :)
I can't believe how much more work 3 kids are than 2. I feel like as soon as I sit down to do anything, someone needs something. Sometimes I just want to pull my hair out. I have been known to yell "Just let me finish my food!" I've been working on patience and I'm not doing too shabby this week. I remind myself that my kids are just kids and to lower my expectations. I love the kids so much and everyday I pray that I can be a good mother to them. That they will grow up being good people with kind hearts, that know how to work hard, yet truly enjoy life. It is so hard and definitely not something I can do on my own.
Brynn is a bright spot in our lives. The boys love her so much. When she is awake, she has their constant attention. She is smiling now and just loves to be talked to. She will coo back at us and squirm with delight. One of her nicknames is Brynncess (sounds like Princess). I said it one day to be funny and it stuck. When Ryan sees her he always says "Hi Brynncess!!" It's so cute.
We had a rough time with her waking up from her naps too early and not staying asleep at night until 1-3 am. It was so hard. She would go to sleep on her own, but have a hard time when she woke up after 30 minutes. To her she wanted to be up again. We tried everything except crying it out. I posted about it on Facebook and got a few people who suggested that and I realized that was our last option. We tried it and the first night she cried herself to sleep, but woke up after 20 minutes. She cried again, but for a shorter time and fell asleep. Since then she has progressively gotten better and better.
She likes to go to bed around 11 pm. No amount of crying will keep her in bed asleep. One night we tried to put her down even earlier to see if that would help, but she cried and cried for hours and hours. I finally got her to sleep with me in bed around 3:30 am. It was a long night! So she has a short nap when the boys go to sleep, wakes up and hangs out with us for a bit, then I feed her and put her down for the night and she's been sleeping 7-9 hours straight. It's been great!
She is a great eater, she hasn't had one diaper rash, she does have a lot of baby acne and I wonder if it's because I don't wash her face everyday... who knows. She does take a pacifier, but doesn't need one at night and naps to fall asleep. She does great in her car seat. She loves just chilling on the floor looking around. Her brothers keep her entertained. She will squint her eyes when she sees them coming. :) She has great head control, but I don't give her enough tummy time. She is lucky to get 5 minutes a day. I think she will do great though. She squirms so much that I am sure she will be rolling at 4 months just like her biggest brother.
I took her into our orthoped doctor (the one who fixed Brady's hips) to check her hips. One was a little abnormal so we have to go back at the end of December to check it again. The doctor doesn't think there is anything wrong, but we have to check it just in case. I'm just glad I took her in to be safe. Hopefully the doctor is right and her hips will look perfect by then.
I took her into our pediatrician, Dr. Paxton, for her well check and she is healthy as can be. Here are her stats:
Weight: 11 lbs 5 oz
Height: 22 1/2"
She is 50% in weight and height and 80% for her head.
She got her shots and cried much harder than either of the boys did. Such a sad cry! But she cried much shorter and was great. She was very fussy the rest of the day, but slept for most of it. She slept great that night, but not so great the next night. She wears size 2 diapers now. It's nice that they hold so much more!
That's all I can think of about our sweet baby. We love her so much and are so happy to have a little sister in our family. Here are some pictures we took of her for her 2 month birthday.
Don't you just love that smile!? Love our Brynn!







1 comment:
What a sweet girl! You are a great mom and it's ok to feel tired and impatient. You still are in survival mode and children are very forgiving. Just keep on keeping on. I found that going from 1 to 2 children was a lot harder adjustment for me then going from 2-3. I have a lot of reasons for that though. Reading this post makes me scared for being up a lot at night. Oh dear.
It sounds like your boys love her so much.
Post a Comment