Monday, April 15, 2013

Ryan's "BATMAN" Birthday Party


This was Ryan's first friend party! He decided on a "Batman" theme so I scoured Pinterest finding ideas for decoration and games. It was a lot of fun!

First of all I want to thank my mom, my brother and his wife, and Grandpa Hale for all coming and helping. They helped make things move so smoothly and participated and made things so fun!

I laid out coloring pages and tattoos for the kids to play with until everyone arrived. Most of the kids just wanted play with the toys. :)

Madison
Hayden
Cooper
Nathan (from preschool)

The first game we played was "pin the bat on the batman." You could tell the kids weren't used to being blindfolded. It was pretty funny! Every single one wanted to peek, but they did awesome! At first, we were going to have them use their batman mask to cover their eyes, but Ryan totally cheated and it was hilarious. So we found a bandana and used that. Here are a couple videos of the game.



Totally peeking!
Redo, but still a nice job!
Hayden (He wouldn't let go of the transformer. :)
Madison
Nathan
Cooper
Porter
Uncle Steven needed a turn. Ryan made sure the bandana was nice and tight!
Great job kids!
While we were getting ready for a fun game, we played Freeze Dance! You know the villain Mr. Freeze? Yah, I don't really either. Thanks Pinterest! :) Some of the kids liked it, some didn't and were content just watching. :) We didn't get any pictures, so here is a video. It's pretty funny since I am trying to get them to dance and I look so silly! haha


The next "game" we played was Get the Joker! Since Steven was coming to the party, I asked him to dress up as a villain and gave all the kids silly string to get him. They loved it! Except for poor Porter. :( I had warned Madison, but didn't think to warn the boys that he was not real. We felt so bad. I hope he isn't scared of our house forever. Steven did a great job of playing with them and letting them get him all covered in silly string!


Waiting for the Joker to come out.
Passing out the silly string.
Here he comes!
I LOVE Ryan's smile! He knew exactly what to do.
Get him Hayden!
They got the Joker!
Steven was awesome! He found this costume at the DI on the way to the party. It's a woman's suit. :)
The next game we played was the Riddler Stomp. We filled up balloons with candy and air and they had to stomp (break) them to get the candy out and beat the villain, the Riddler. They were really cute with the balloons. And again, so grateful for Steven! He was really fun with the kids.


Brady was so cute playing everything. :)

Next we hit the pinata! I had looked at Batman pinatas online and they were over $25. I knew my mom would love to make a pinata so I asked her to make a Batman pinata and was expecting a bat or just something simple. I was SO shocked when I saw what she made! She is amazing and you can tell how much she loves Ryan!


Everyone took their turns hitting the pinata and were awesome! It was so cute. Steven held it up for us, again, what would we do without him! Here are a few videos of the pinata hitting.




Ryan's turn!
Nathan
Cooper
Madison
Hayden
Brady
Porter. He hit the hardest! Such strong muscles! :)
We let Ryan finish Batman off.
CANDY!
Can you tell what candy Ryan likes? :)
There was more candy in the head of Batman so Steven wanted to hit it. Natalie was the only one brave enough to hold it. :) Here is the video of that.


Then we sang Happy Birthday to Ryan! He told me a couple days later that he is now 5 years old since he had two birthdays. If you get sang to twice, that's two birthday's right? :) It took a couple weeks, but he's back to saying he is four now. 




While I was cutting the cake, Ryan opened presents. He did it so fast and I have no idea who gave him what. And thank you to all the kids for bringing gifts! He loved it! But it was over in just a few minutes and left a beautiful mess. :) Again, my helpers had it all cleaned before I could even blink.



Then we ate cake! It was actually really good. You never know with me baking. :) 


  
And last... a picture of all our super heroes!


And a picture of our super heroes with the Joker. :)


Ryan had so much fun! And talks about his birthday for next year all the time. Apparently, it's going to be Superman themed. We'll see! Thank you to all the kiddos for coming and being adorable and to their parents too! And of course all my helpers! Ryan, we love you so much and are so happy to watch you grow up and learn and become such a fun kid.

3 comments:

Mommy said...

Best Party ever! Madison still talks about it! You are amazing! You want to plan Madisons birthday party? :-)

MicheLLe said...

You outdid yourself again Shirley. You are such a good "celebrater".

Natalie said...

You're such a cute mom! I love Ryan's Batman "Ryan" shirt! Steven is such a good sport!