Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Tiny Footprints

My friend gave me this poem that her friend wrote after having three losses. I love it, and so I wanted to share it here along with pictures of the molds of Annie's hands and feet.

These are my footprints
so perfect and so small.
These tiny footprints,
never touched the ground at all.

Not one tiny footprint,
for now I have my wings.
These tiny footprints were meant 
for other things.

You will hear my tiny footprints,
in the patter of the rain.
Gentle drops like angel's tears,
of joy and not from pain.

You will see my tiny footprints,
in each butterflies' lazy dance.
I'll let you know I'm with you,
if you just give me a chance.

You will see my tiny footprints,
in the rustle of the leaves.
I will whisper names into the wind,
and call each one that grieves.

Most of all, these tiny footprints,
are found on Mommy's heart.
'Cause even though I'm gone now,
we'll NEVER truly part.


Love and miss you my Annie girl!

7 comments:

Jefra said...

What perfect little feet and hands. So precious! The poem is very fitting too.

KW said...

what a beautiful poem and what beautiful hand and footprints, perfect. How precious that you have something like that.

Lisa said...

They are so beautiful!!!

I miss my granddaughter Annie!!!

Shirley and Jared, you are wonderful parents. I am proud of you both.

Love Mom

Emily :) said...

Oh Shirley..her little hand and footprints are so tiny and absolutely perfect! I am so glad that you have those to remember her by!!

Taydawg said...

Oh Shirley, my heart is broken for you. I know it happened awhile ago, but I am sure the pain is still there. I pray for you and know you'll see your sweet little Anne again. The pictures are so sweet and truly do capture the beauty and sacredness of the moment.

love,
Shelly

Ben and Cjirsten said...

I love the hand print and foot print molds!!!!

Unknown said...

This made me cry. What a beautiful poem, wow. What a treasure to have those molds. I LOVE the picture of your beautiful pregnant belly, so tender. And I really loved the pictures of Annie you posted on the other post. So happy you could share. Love you.