Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Why I Haven't Been Posting




 Yep, I got sick and couldn't do anything that didn't NEED to be done. Of course, I really do NEED to get caught up on posting, but when you feel like doing nothing, that isn't a priority. :)

There is a great story to this baby. If you don't like reading conception stories, you should probably stop here. :)

Our baby planning began with having a bigger gap between Brady and the next one since he took so long to walk and just seemed younger. Then once he turned one I started questioning myself and the "what ifs" and I didn't want them to be too far apart because I want my kids to all have playing buddies, so we decided to just go for the two year gap and pray for the best. :)

I did not want my kids to share the same birthday month though (that gets expensive!) so the plan was to try for a May or later baby.

Well in July I went to girls camp. I was gone for 4 days. I got home July 28th (Brady wasn't even walking yet!) and missed Jared like crazy! Being away from your spouse for so long just does something to you. They can do no wrong and everything they do is such a huge sacrifice because they love you. I was the luckiest woman in the world and that I could be a much better wife. I told myself that when I got home I was going to be better.

That night when we went to bed, you know what happened. :) And with all these emotions, I told Jared that we didn't need protection. I wasn't ovulating and if I got pregnant, we were going to start trying soon anyway and it must be fate if I did! A couple days later I looked on Babycenter to see when I might have ovulated. The first day was July 28th. Oops! I kind of knew I was pregnant right then. And about 12 days later I tested and got the clearest positive I have ever had when I first test. I had to take a few more just for fun. :)


When we knew were pregnant, I looked up the due date. April 22. Brady's birthday is April 27th. They will have birthdays within days of each other. My planning didn't work so well. :)

So I have been into the doctor and have seen the little bean. Everything looks great from what you can see at 9 weeks. I hear the heartbeat on the doppler every night (if I can find it), this baby hides like crazy.

I have been sick, but it's a different sick than with the boys. I feel super sick, but I still need to eat. It's a delicate balance between not eating too much and eating often. With the boys I never wanted to eat. I'm already starting to feel better, but I'm not all the way better, but I'm getting there.

Another weird thing is that my back aches already. If I try to do a lot around the house, I pay for it at the end of the day. And I swear I have braxton hicks already. I can't wait to feel better and start getting stuff around the house done again, but I may have to keep things calm... we'll see!

So there ya have it. I'm pregnant! With #3! Wow... we still can't believe it. It's time for a minivan! ;)

13 comments:

The Larchars said...

Haha... I LOVE our minivan. Good luck to you! You are so brave!!! I certainly do not feel capable of having a 3rd, but hats off to you moms who can do it already! You have such an adorable family!

MicheLLe said...

SHIRLEY!
Congratulations. How exciting to have #3 on the way. Woot!
ps, glad that you're feeling a little better.

:: ashley :: said...

congrats you guys!!

KW said...

Bring on the minivan! Congrats. What a great story. I love to hear every single details!

Nichol Family said...

Congrats! That is so exciting :)

Jefra said...

You have the cutest kids and I can't wait to see the next one! And I'm super excited that you get your minivan and am looking forward to hearing about that too. I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully your energy will come back! And maybe baby will come one day early and come on Cannon's birthday.

Lacey said...

Shirley I am happy for you! We are expecting our third child too! I am due April 29th! I hope all goes well for you!

Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Congratulation!!! I will be a little older...third grandchild LOL.

I think the child will be boy. Wait and see....no matter what. your children are beautiful.

I love you

Mom

Nancy said...

WAAAAHOOOOOO!!!!! It's so fun seeing Ryan and Brady grow up and their unique personalities develop. So it's exciting to think of what little 'bean' will be like! If you are feeling different with this one, does that mean it's a girl??? I'll be so happy with either. :)

LOVE YOU!

Missy said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear the gender! If you need a break you should bring your kiddos across the street to come play! ;)

Natalie said...

Holy crap I've been so out of the blogging world and totally missed this!!!! CONGRATS! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!