Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ruby June's Giveaway


I am giving away some fun beautiful items in honor of Ruby June Warburton.

She only graced this earth for 15 days, but changed the lives of so many, including me.

Meet Ruby June.


She belongs to my dear friend Kristin. We were neighbors for not nearly long enough. :) Kristin, Jared, and Luke moved to Las Vegas last year when Kristin was, I think, about 7 months pregnant with Ruby. She had known there might be some complications with Ruby and, along with so many people, I was glued to my computer for news on Ruby on the day of her birth, hoping for the best. 

Ruby's complications were more serious than originally thought and she passed away on October 26th. I feel so blessed to know of her story and through Kristin's beautiful words, feel her strong and perfect spirit. If you want to read more about Ruby, visit the Warburton's blog, here. 

Isn't she beautiful!?

Before Kristin posted on her blog about Ruby, her sister shared her beautiful story. You can read it here. Her experience with Ruby is something that changed me forever. Through her words, as well as Kristin's, I could feel Heavenly Father's love for her. I could feel just how precious this life is and what a job we have to do better. Be better. I look at my own children with different eyes and try to cherish my time with them and teach them and love them. If I am having a hard mom day, I think of Ruby and things get better. How I view others, even strangers, has changed as well. I always give people the benefit of the doubt and judging and gossiping are just not part of me any more. I want to be more Christ like. I want to love others as Heavenly Father does. And for some reason, I can feel Heavenly Father's love SO strongly for Ruby. Knowing that he loves us all in that way, is something I can't explain, but I hold so dear.

I love Kristin, and I thank her for sharing Ruby with us. I don't know if there is a girl more loved and honored than Ruby June. And seeing how Kristin draws on the Lord for strength is inspiring. She is a beautiful example of faith and trust in the Lord. Part of what I loved about Kristin sharing Ruby's story is doing service. There is so much service to be done and to show our love for each other. To celebrate Ruby's birthday, Kristin has asked us to join with her and her family to do Random Acts of Kindness. Read about it by clicking the link. Ruby's story has so much to do with showing love and it's an inspiring way to remember her. 


Kristin is also celebrating Ruby's birthday with 15 days of Ruby giveaways, one for every day that she was with us. I am SO honored to have been asked to host a giveaway. She told us we could giveaway anything, as long as it was red in honor of Ruby. Since I have some hook-ups at The Ribbon Retreat, I knew exactly what to do. 


I am giving away five beautiful hair accessories.
They are not on clips or headbands yet, because I will customize them for the winner.

If you don't have any little girls, these make wonderful gifts! And you could even just giveaway them away to someone in need. The total value of this giveaway is $35, for those of you who don't know hair accessories. :)


You can enter two ways:

1.  Leave me a comment telling me of an act of service you did this week. It can be for anything, random stranger, family, friend, person from church, or even just a smile to someone who looked like they needed it. 

2.  Leave me a comment telling me of an act of service you pledge to do in honor of Ruby. 

Here are some up close pictures of all the items:






And here is what I have for headbands -

Two Metal Headbands (B+W)
Two Elastic Headbands (B+W)
Red Crochet Headband


There are lots of other giveaways, I am day 14, so you can enter those giveaways and encourage yourself to do more acts of service. I've learned even doing things that I normally have to do, but with a lighter and grateful heart becomes an act of service. So join in on the celebration and spread the love around. :)

Happy Birthday RUBY!
We love you!

33 comments:

KW said...

Shirley!! These are BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much .

Holli Raymond said...

These are so cute and would be perfect my daughter!

My service...my husband has gone back to school and although I have not slept well the past few nights and have been exhausted all day, I stayed up until midnight tutoring him for his math test the next day. He did well. :)

And, my mother-in-law is feeding the missionaries tonight and I volunteered to bring a dessert for her so she didn't have to do so much work.

hollim8@gmail.com

Adrianne said...

So adorable!

Today for my service I woke up at 5am to make my hubby lunch and see him out the door. For a girl who loves her sleep, this was a big deal;)

reddogbyu@aol.com

THE YOUNG-INS said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these. I have three beautiful girls that would just look beautiful in these. I often tell them about Kristin's little Ruby and another one of my dear friend's baby who was still born. These spirits are so special to our Heavenly Father. Today I have a girl scouts group that I am in charge of. It is a way I serve my girls, and other girls from our community by doing fun and service activities.

sariah.melina@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

So adorable! this is angela cathys daughter I dont have a blog so I am using hers. For my random act is I am going to bake cookies for our new neighbors down the road and to greet them.
davies210@hotmail.com

tiff said...

Shirley, this is so sweet and you are super talented!!

A service I've done this week has been serving my husband. I was this close to making him get up to feed the baby this morning but I knew how tired he has been.

I don't feel there is enough of a service to do in honor of Ruby and her family. I just had my first baby 3 months ago and I'm not sure I could ever endure losing him. But I will continue to cherish him each and every day and not take for granted the time I have with him. My service will be taking my mom out to lunch.

Kami Adamson said...

So adorable! Such a wonderful way to honor Ruby! I am babysitting my neighbors kids for 5 whole days while they go on a second honeymoon. Kami.adamson@gmail.com

Nichol Family said...

that is is nice of you to do and what a sad story :( i took dinner to a family in my ward this week who just had a baby.

Brittany said...

LOVE your post! My thoughts exactly how Kristin has inspired me to be a better mother and person and love even the hard days! My testimony has been strengthened by reading her sweet words about her baby girl and how loved we really are! she is such a beautiful person inside and out!
My service yesterday was watching a friends little boy so she could go to the dentist without kids in tow! And, my husbands service was at my sons football game. He saw a mom on the sidelines without a chair. She and her daughter were cold so he gave them his chair so they could both snuggle up in their blanket instead of sitting on it! I do not have little girls so I would give them to my neighbor with three girls, but what darling hair accessories! britthardy@gmail.com

Ford said...

I took pictures of my neighbors son for his birthday. They don't have much, so I donated my services to her and her adorable 3 year old. I LOVE this giveaway. These would be so stinking cute in my daughter's hair. Thanks!

elised.ford@gmail.com

Bre said...

Beautiful post. What a nice tribute to Ruby and Kristin. Those hair accessories are beautiful, Shirley.

Yesterday I ran an errand for a friend who wasn't feeling well.

The Diaries of a Wimpy Mom said...

This week, I made an effort to get out all of my hubby's un-ironed, clean work clothes and make sure they were spiffy for him so he didn't have to do it in the mornings. I usually try and do it, but it's hard with 2 babies in the house all day!

As an extra act of service in honor of Ruby, I am going to volunteer to bring some dessert for a church event coming up this week. (This is big, because I am not good at preparing food, nor do I like it!)

laurensikora@hotmail.com

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

So cute! I love the rosette one especially.
Service - While I was at the store the other day, a worker dropped a whole box of candy everywhere. I decided to stop and help her pick it all up.
Future service- We baked some goodies and are taking them today to a young woman in our ward who broke her arm this last weekend.
Jody jodododo@hotmail.com

Keltie said...

I have been looking for ways to help mothers with small children as I have read about all the kind things that were done for Ruby's family. I have been giving away as many of my older kid's past halloween costumes as possible to young families. A lot of these are home made by my mother in law, and are super good quality. I am looking for ways to provide support and relief to the young families in our ward, through meals, babysitting and any other help they may need. As a family we are looking at different families we want to adopt for christmas.

Chad, Jess and Lexi said...

What cute accessories! I made cookies and took them to my mother in law and sister in law. I plan on helping out some coworkers tonight at work, just to help lighten their work load. Jessica jessicacart.1@gmail.com

Missy said...

What a beautiful angel and touching way to honor her memory.

We sent a donation check in memory of our angel Madilyn to NILMDTS which is a foundation that provides photographers to take pictures of babies who are not going to survive or are born still. They came and took pictures of our baby girl and I hold those pictures as one of my most prized possessions. So in memory of our angel, as a birthday gift we donate to that foundation every year for her birthday gift.

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! They would be perfect for my little girl.

This week I helped my Mom decorate her house for my step-dad's birthday. Coming from someone who took 4+ years to actually accept the fact of having a step dad, this was amazing to me. Not because I helped her but because I have been realizing how much I really do love my step dad and appreciate him for all he is and for how happy he makes my mom.

Daun said...

These are beautiful! I'm sure my 3 girls would love these, and I would LOVE to give one to my friend who is due with her only daughter in 4 weeks!

Service done: Monday we helped our friends move heavy things from their basement out to a trailer and then storage shed so they can finish their basement to get ready for their new baby girl.

Future service: (Do you have room to list?) I realize that I do not need to wait until I have a huge grand plan to serve. It can be as simple as giving a compliment you normally wouldn't give, or something small. I need to be better at serving in my OWN home.

sorensen6@yahoo.com

Katrina said...

Thank you so much for sharing her story. She was beautiful!!!! I work at a school and I constantly try to go above and beyond to help these students even when it is not my job. College students need help too!

ykatrina at hotmail dot com

The Allred's said...

Very cute! and perfect for my little girls. Service- Put together a "comfort package" for a family member that is battling breast cancer and will begin her chemo this week, also with the help of a few others cleaned her home from top to bottom before she begins her treatment.

The Allred's said...

I forgot my email in the last post. apeery81@hotmail.com

KW said...

I am entering for my friend Chandi whose phone won't let her leave a comment.
She has 2 girls that would look so cute in these bows.
She says:
I am helping a friend with her kids today :)
I also plan to take dinner this week to a friend that lost her 15 yo niece over the weekend.

Lisa said...

Thank you for sharing about your friend Kristi's beautiful little girl baby. I am sorry for her to lose the baby. That was her will to have body. She went back to Heavenly Father. She is waiting for her parents and her families to see her again. She loves them very much.

I share about my deaf friend Susan. She had first child girl baby, good healthy and everything was fine. The baby was one week old, I brought dinner food for Susan and her family, saw the baby, and held the baby. I could tell that she was very high spiritual. I couldn't explain what was it. Susan said the same thing how her friends and families felt. One week later, her husband was ready to go for work, was kissing the baby and noticed the baby's lip was blue. They knew something was wrong with the baby. They called 911. The baby was in ICU and the doctor said the baby was SIDS and couldn't make to live. They were grieving and left without say goodbye to the baby. Susan's mother took care of the baby at the hospital. The nurses removed the tubes, feed, breath, etc. The baby still was alive and wanted to be with her parents. Susan's mother called them to come back to be with the baby. They went back to the hospital and held the baby. First, Susan held the baby, hugged, said goodbye and handled her to her husband. Her husband held baby and hugged. He felt baby's muscle relaxed, the pee released and she passed away.

Some babies came here to have bodies, died and returned to Heavenly Father. They are great love, humble, and friendly pure heart...auto to enter Celestial Kingdom without any sins. T

Jennifer said...

I love these hair bows! I have a 9 year old and a 2 week old girl who would both look so adorable in these! I took my 9 year old and her friend shopping Monday night, along with my other kids, because they needed some warm clothes and shoes!

Whitney said...

Gorg! These are so cute! Me being Prego got up with our Little one last night and let my husband sleep. He better love me extra for that.

Brittany said...

I want to enter a friend at work for his act of service. He was telling me about a service he is doing tonight that is just so sweet I had to share. He and his band are playing for free for a special needs party in Salt Lake called Utah All Stars. They have a Halloween party each year for these kids and he said they love going and playing because how much fun they have at the party and how cute the kids are! they have done it for several years!!! I absolutely loved how excited he was telling us about it! His name is Lewis!

Pam said...

These are beautiful! Thank you for your support! I helped a guy at Costco that had his arms full, by picking up a tray for him that we needed to change out with another I know Kristin's misses her great SF friends!
pamdegraw@yahoo.com

Danielle James said...

Darling!
I sent my sweet grandma flowers this week. anded I'm babysitting for my sister in law tomorrow.

jamesfam3@gmail.com

Dave and Lindsay said...

What a pretty giveaway and a beautiful post. I helped some family members move and also took flowers to other family members on a hard day.
Lindsaydrobbins@gmail.com

brigette said...

What beautiful bows!! I took an extra pumpkin to my sons first grade class today for a child whose parent couldn't afford one. I would never want a child to go with out.

Anonymous said...

How cute!!! Love all of them!!
My husband and I helped a girl that was stranded. Her car battery was not working, so we helped her get it going and made sure she was able to drive home safe. I will hug my loved ones more often, sure wish I could give little Ruby a hug and my Dad who is up in Heaven with her. (I'm Kristin's Aunt Cathy). email: cathy@utahcounty.gov.

P.S. I thought it would be nice to take cookies to my co-workers today. (Cute Pumpkin Sugar Cookies) They loved them!!!

Nancy said...

Super cute accessories.

I remember reading about Ruby last year. The tiniest person yet left such a powerful message and spirit and mark in the world for good. What an amazing family it sounds like too. I know you were sad when they were moving!

We had our YW in excellence tonight and saw all the projects on Christ from the YW. The Spirit was overwhelming.

My act of service today was to help my patient walk back to our room and get in the chair when she had had a brain tumor in the past that left her unable to speak and walk properly. Still so much fun to get to know though!

And I pledge to pray for those people whose babies are suffering that they'll be comforted!

Nancy.huckvale@gmail.com

Emily :) said...

Wow..I think it is so neat that you are doing this for sweet little Ruby! What a great way to honor the memory of this beautiful little girl! My service is that I am babysitting my niece for the next 2 weeks while her parents are away in New York