Saturday, March 12, 2011

Scout

When we were having problems with Ryan staying in his bed, I read my friend's blog post about her daughter's transition to her toddler bed and how a smaller version of Scout helped her.

When you are having problems and nothing seems to work, you will try anything! :)

So about a week later, I bought Scout!

He can say Ryan's name and sings lots of different songs and talks with him. The best part is that he does bed time music for 2, 5, or 10 minutes. Ryan knows the routine because whenever he hears the lullaby song he says, "nap!" That song is the first one to play on the bed time music. :)

Ryan loves Scout and I love that he loves Scout. It was like all of our problems disappeared.

Ryan would stay in his bed, would let us shut his door, and in the morning, I can hear him playing with Scout, which basically lets Mommy rest a little bit longer. :)

I meant to post this about a month ago, but you know how time flies.

Here's pictures of Ryan and his pal, Scout.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Bingo!!!

Last month, Ryan had his first night at my house. He cried and kept saying mommy mommy for one hour and he kept repeating to press Scout's hands and feet...back and forth between says mommy and listen the music until he fall slept. It took one hour. Without Scout, he would panic and scream...it would take longer than one hour. With Scout...comfort him. Scout saved my neck lol!!!

That is last picture I took. He was so cute to sleep with Scout.

Jefra said...

Cannon got Scout for his birthday last year and he loves him too! At first he would sleep with him every night, but quite often I would hear him playing with Scout in the middle of the night. So Scout is out, at least for the time being. But I'll remember that for when we transition Cannon to a bed.

BTW, I'm proud of that car seat picture!

Natalie said...

That's so adorable. Toddlers crack me up.

Barb said...

I've never heard of Scout! That's awesome!

Tina said...

Way cute!!! I love it when we find things that make life easier!!!!

KW said...

wow! that is great. I didn't know they made anything like that!

The Larchars said...

I am so glad I posted something about it and that it helped you. That is awesome he has taken to it so well. Hooray!!!