Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Richards Halloween Party


Every year we go to the Richards Halloween Party and Spook Alley. It's the reason I get to wear a costume so I love it!

We go and have dinner and cake and ice cream. Darby's birthday is on the 24th and Nancy's is on the 26th! (Today!) The cake was delicious.

After that, we have our costume parade. It was so funny. My aunt and uncle Holly and Mark and their family were characters from Mario. Nancy and Jonathon were Mario and Luigi, and my grandpa was Mario. It was so funny to see everyone dressed up together, totally not on purpose.

Nancy and Jonathon. I think Nancy is smiling. :)

We went next. Ryan is the cutest little skeleton and Jared was a doctor and I was a nurse. We planned on Ryan being an x-ray, but we forgot the x-ray box.


Mom was Harry Potter transformed into a U of U fan. It was pretty funny!

Steven brought his friend Shanda and they were Batman and Robin. They looked great!

The whole Richards Fam!

After the parade is the Spook Alley! I was SO excited to have a child that is old enough to scare. Is that bad? Well it was fun anyway. :)

Waiting for our turn to go in.

Going in!

The scariest part was seeing Daddy in a gorilla costume.

Even when he knew it was Daddy, he was still scared! He kept screaming and crying, "No! No! No!" It was really funny and cute.

Leaving the Spook Alley.

Ryan did great for his first time!

This picture is just for fun. :)

After the Spook Alley we have a pinata. I got to hold it this year, so that was fun! Ryan did a great job at hitting it!

My cousin Jordan broke the first one, and my cousin Gaden broke the second one. Ryan was so cute picking up the candy.

Ryan wanted to take home one of the broken pinatas. He kept throwing it in the air so it would be back up. Cute boy. :)

Mom, Me, and Nancy

My mom, Aunt Holly, and my grandma did an amazing job with the Spook Alley! Every year they put SO much work into it and make it a blast! So many thanks to them for their awesomeness. And to show how awesome they are, here is a picture of my mom. :)


7 comments:

Emily :) said...

That looks like such a great Halloween Party! Soooo fun!! You guys always have the best traditions! I loved everyone's costumes and especially little Ryan's! His little face is so cute in that first picture! :)

Jefra said...

What a fun tradition! Ryan does make the cutest skeleton. I'm impressed that Jared will dress up. My Ryan is such a party pooper when it comes to holidays. I've always wanted to dress up together, but Ryan will not. I think when Cannon is a little older I will make him do it so that he is a fun dad in that sense.

Lisa said...

You did good job with pictures and story. It is cool!

I love Halloween and Christmas decorate. It is fun.

I am happy Ryan enjoyed it. Smile.

I couldn't wait to show you and all that my costume was Harry Potter then changed into U of U football fan. I was so exciting and showed. I love it very much. I knew Jonathon would say booooo to me and his thumb down, because he is BYU football fan. That is why I make fun of him LOL.

I enjoyed Halloween party. In the future, I do with my grandchildren and maybe niece and nephew s future children. See...Good Luck!!!

KW said...

Wow, how fun! I love Halloween so it makes me happy to see your family goes all out. Love the costume ideas as well.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

How fun! Your little skeleton is so cute! And I had to laugh at his horrified face looking at his gorilla daddy!

Tina said...

This is so cute! I think Ryan is the most adorable skeleton I have ever seen :) And what a great idea for you and Jared to be part of the costume as a Nurse and Doctor! Aww... reading this makes me wish my family did stuff like this. HOW FUN!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

LOL I LOVE THE SPOOK ALLEY PICTURS AND RYANS FACE!!!! That looks like so much fun! Your so lucky to have so much family around you!! All the costumes are so fun!!!