Saturday, August 7, 2010

Stairs

It took awhile for Ryan to learn how to go down the stairs going backwards. It was great when he finally did, and he only had a couple bad falls. He got really good at it and could zoom down the stairs, basically sliding.

Well, that was a couple weeks ago. Now Ryan likes to walk down the stairs. This is mostly without help. If I try to help him, he pushes my hand away. I am amazed that he is able to do it, and he loves it so much. He actually does this for fun too. Being the good first-time mother, I caught it on video.

Here is the amazing walking-down-the-stairs-at-16-months baby!



He walks down the stairs pretty much every time now, but he used to interchange with scooting down on his butt and walking. If I was in the other room and I could hear him grunt every couple seconds or so, I knew he was scooting down the stairs. It takes so much effort! I can tell why he walks now instead! Here is a video of that.



He is trying to walk up the stairs now, much more dangerous, but there's no stopping him. I wish we had a better railing for him. Please pray that my baby doesn't fall and break something. We tried putting a gate up once, and that was not acceptable. Ryan cried, sitting by the gate, the entire time. So I guess I have to keep a better eye on him. :) I love him so much and I'm so glad he's growing and learning so well. Now just gotta keep him safe!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Hahahahah he loves to play with the stairs.

Last monday, I stood beside him on the stairs. First, I didn't hold his hands...his other hand reached the railing to hold. Step few times. He opened his hand to hold my hand. Cute.

Soon he will learn how to slid down on his back or stomach...fast down. Wait and watch him.

He is cute boy. I love him.

Jefra said...

He's impressive! Cannon is nowhere close to that! Cannon can't even do the stairs when he's holding my hand.

Simmons Family said...

haha, what a cute big boy!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

YAY!!! I finally can get on your blog! I have been trying to get on and it would say there was a problem or something and then shut the page down, it drove me crazy! But anyway. . . . Thats so fun, it is SO Nerve racking when they learn to do stairs, wait until he starts doing thos thin little latters at the playground that one was hard to watch too! :)

Tuzi Salz said...

He looks like a pro! You are a cute Mom Shirley. I hope one day I can meet your little boy. He is super cute and looks like he has that Roush nose.

The Larchars said...

I don't understand the attraction of stairs to babies. But he IS growing up sooo fast, walking up them already, oh my! Good luck with that!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

He's so dang cute! What a big boy!