Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dimple Dell

I was telling my mom the other day about a cool pool that we went to with our friends the Folkmans. The pool they go to has a huge area that is perfect for Ryan. He was able to walk around and explore and just have fun without me holding on to him. My mom said the pool by her had something similar so we went out there this past Thursday to go swimming.

When we got there it was time for Ryan's nap so we ate lunch and hoped he would fall asleep in the car and then stay asleep as I transferred him to the pack n' play. Didn't work! So this was the first time that Ryan didn't get a nap. And it wasn't too bad! We went to McDonalds for lunch. Ryan is starting to like hamburgers, which is nice so I can buy him one instead of bringing our own food. :) He got this cool toy in his kids meal, Wolverine I think, and when he saw it he ROARED! He loves roaring and I love hearing him!


Ryan was feeding a fry to his Wolverine guy so I tried to record it. My mom was trying to get him to do it so she said eat, meaning feed him, but Ryan put the guy in his mouth to eat him. lol. If you listen carefully, you can hear him growling. :)



The pool we were going to go to had been pooped in so it was closed for the day for cleaning. Ugh. We were going to go to my Grandma Richards, but her pool doesn't have a kid area so I was bummed. It's nice not having to hold him the entire time. Then my mom thought of Dimple Dell. It's right by my mom's house and it's indoor so no sunscreen! It was awesome and she paid for us. :) Thanks Mom/Grandma!

We had a blast! The water was a little cold, so Ryan was shivering most of the time, but he had fun. We stayed there for 2 1/2 hours! Ryan got a lot more courage in being in the water. He tried to go under himself, did it a couple times, but mostly got down to eye level and came back up. I was so impressed! Hopefully I can get him to go under by himself before the end of the summer.





Ryan first getting in




Ryan going down the slide. He hated it! Poor thing.

I dunked him! He likes it though. :) This picture is of him coming back up. The next video is me dunking him.





Aunt Nancy came with us. We love her so much!





Here is Ryan trying to go under himself.

Kids are nice and cuddly when they are freezing and tired. :) Grandma is getting some cuddle time in!

The pool had a slide that was pretty fun. Nancy and my mom went down first. I wasn't watching, but Nancy said my mom almost flew off. The next time my mom and I went down and my mom had her arms out the entire time and the ending was not that exciting. So we went down again and I reminded my mom of the rules of keeping your arms and legs crossed. Oh my gosh, it was so funny! She didn't get hurt, but it was hilarious! Nancy filmed it for us. Here is the video... the first one is my mom and the second one is me. I feel a little bad, but what can ya do? haha. Make sure to enlarge the video to really see it. :)



We had a great time! Thanks Grandma for inviting us!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

I am so embarrassing about slide LOL. First, I was so scared about almost flew off the slide. If I could, gone to ER heh. I am lucky I am ok. Then you manipulated me to do it because you wanted to see how I was doing LOL. Anyuway I had good time.

I had good time with Ryan. He had fun with the pool. I wish grandma richards has kid area in her pool and it would be great!!!

We can go again at White Tower pool next week ok?

I love you all.

Lisa said...

One more thing

My both feet got hurt...my feet hit the wall of the slide. Ouch!!! Also, the water hit into my butt when my feet were in the air LOL. Funny.

Lisa said...

Again LOL

After I slide down, my arms went up in the air. Look on left side, two ladies...they saw me, turned over their shoulder to see Nancy who filmed the video. LOL.

Tina said...

That looks like so much fun! We have so many pools like that at recreation centers here, I didn't know they had them in Utah too! I can't believe Ryan lets you dunk his head under water. He is so cute and you look amazing Shirley!

Emily :) said...

That looks like an absolute blast and I love how the water isn't that deep in places so Ryan can just play and have fun. He is so brave in the water..WOW! I loved the video of him trying to go under. And the big smile that was on his face after you dunked him. He is so adorable!