I don't know if you ever noticed that before I had a link to my fitness blog on the right side of the page. I posted a few times and then when my weight plateaued, and I started working for my sister-in-law, fitness took a back seat in my life, and I didn't care too much to start it again. I hate my pudge, but I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight and I look okay. Well, it's not really okay. Fitness is a big part of being healthy, and even though I might not care too much, I must say when I see pictures of me from 2005 or earlier, I just WISH I could look skinnier again. Well, I can! It does take a little effort, okay a lot of effort, but I can do it.
Soooooo... I am starting my blog back up again. It will not only focus on fitness of the body, but of the mind and soul. I want to not only exercise, but work on my spiritual fitness as well. I used to read scriptures all the time, and I miss the constant companion of the spirit. During conference, I think it was President Monson's talk that I thought, I wish I was better at that. I realized that I am fantastic at wasting my time on Facebook, reading blogs, and Babycenter.com. If I cut down my time on these things, I will have time to make my life better for what really matters in eternity. I am not going to cut these things out completely, because I have made such good friends with my cousins, friends from high school, and even friends from when I was little in California. I need their support and love to support them back. BUT I can do it in a lot less time in the day.
I will also work on the fitness of my mind by increasing the amount of time I spend on my hobbies such as singing, scrapbooking, sewing, and projects that help me learn and better myself. I know so many of you are amazing at this, and hopefully, I will have you to help me grow in this area.
So why would I not do these things? These are things that I enjoy! As you can see this will not be easy. And for those that actually looked at my fitness blog before, it is definitely going to be a challenge, but how can we better ourselves if we aren't challenged in life?
If you want to view my posts and comment, I would love to have you visit my blog. It is http://shirleysfitnessblog.blogspot.com/
Thanks!
5 comments:
Ok, so I wrote a big long comment on your fitness blog and for some reason it said there was a duplication errTor and then didn't show. To sum it up:
I know how you feel, because I feel like you just described my thoughts. Really Shirley, you're awesome at that. Only you express it better than I seem able to. Your friends' who have made fitness a priority seem like really great examples. I admire you for being brave enough to work towards a marathon. Good luck in achieving your fitness goals.
It is motivating me again as well!
Shirley, that's great that you are so modivated. It's definately hard to stay healthy with all those yummy but fatning choices out there. I need to buck up and do it too. I've lost my baby weight from baby #2 but I weigh the same as I did when I delivered #1. I'm going to do better and it's going to be tough. Good luck, I'm rooting for you!
I am so with you on everything! That totally sounds like me too. It's hard to find yourself again after you have a baby and to rewrite your whole system and routine.
I was wondering about this. Glad you're back on the wagon! :)
YEA!!! You are doing the fitness blog again, I still check in here and there to see if its updated! I know what you mean about wanting to look different and work on lots of things in your life, I am the same way! I am so excited to have this baby so that maybe as I work out I can see some sort of progress! As of right now I am gaining weight weight like crazy and I don't know why! Its stressing me out so bad though I feel like I will never get to my pre prego weight again! But We are here to support you anyway we can!!!!
Post a Comment