Well the fact that I am writing this post at work should tell you that I am feeling a lot better!!! My pain has decreased a ton! Of course it decreases when they finally get me to a urologist. I have an appointment tomorrow at 9:30. I wonder how it will go considering my pain isn't unbearable any more. I heard that just because my pain has gone down doesn't mean the kidney stone is gone so I need to go and see what we can do to prevent that type of pain again. We just can't afford it! :)
Something else I wanted to write about is how grateful I am that this baby is doing so well. A woman on Babycenter, a forum for women due in March, lost her twins last week. She was 22 weeks along. What had happened is that she has an incompetent cervix and the amniotic sac was falling through. She was on bedrest for 10 days in the hospital, but there just isn't much they can do this early for babies and this late for incompetent cervix. She posted daily updates on a blog and at the end posted pictures of the babies. I was just astounded at how much they actually look like babies! They were so small and precious and it made me realize what I am carrying. I know it's obvious, but it just made him so much more real to me. Baby Ryan looks exactly like them right now in all his perfectness. It just made me appreciate how well he is doing and every movement he makes... and let me tell ya he is a mover!
Jared has finally felt him and we can see him moving from the outside, which is so cool! We're starting to talk to him and about him more and he's becoming a part of our family. I can't believe I still have 4 more months, as you know I am not a fan of pregnancy, but I know it will be all worth it, and I can't wait to hold Baby Ryan in my arms!
3 comments:
My sister in law has an incompetent cervix and her baby was born at 27 weeks. Her water broke so there wasn't much they could do but deliver. Her baby was about 2 pounds and wasn't doing very well. He was in the NICU for I think 3 months and had some struggles. Today my nephew is 16 months old and doing well. It's so hard to hear stories of things like that. Lately I've heard several stories of babies not making it. It makes me so much more nervous but hopefully everything will work out in the end. Glad you're feeling better. :)
Hi Shirley! Thank you for the very sweet comment on our most recent post! I'm happy to see you have a blog too :). It's such a great way to keep up with family and friends!
I'm happy you're doing well. I agree with your thought "I'm not a fan of pregnancy". It's tough stuff - but you're growing a miracle inside of you. I think it's one of the most amazing things our bodies can do.
What a wonderful moment it must have been when Jared felt Ryan move from the outside. It's so exciting!
The kidney stones don't sound like any fun at all!! I hope your appointment this morning went well.
Shirley, I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better!! I've been thinking about you! We are all super excited to meet little Ryan.
Post a Comment