
This little lady is 3 months old! It's amazing how fast time flies. She is so cute and gets cuter every day!
I have been taking pictures of her on this chair since her first pictures so we could track her growth. It's so crazy how much they grow in the first month and they just keep growing and growing. I miss her being that little. It goes so quickly!
This month has been an eventful month for a couple reasons.
First off, Brynn had an ultrasound on her hips and one didn't get any better from last time so she got a harness just like Brady's. I was so disappointed, but happy I had her checked out. She gets to have it off 2 hours a day and with how much babies sleep, it really isn't too bad of a hassle. She still gets her tummy time. It's just hard to hold her and really hug her. She isn't very cuddly anyway. Any time I try to cuddle her, she starts rooting to nurse. :) We go back at the end of January and hopefully her hip will look lots better and she will get it off. We have lots of cute clothes for her to wear, I can't wait!
Second, my little fussy-doesn't-sleep-daughter is finally sleeping! I tried everything and was going crazy. Then I saw something on Babycenter about how chocolate has something in it that is like caffeine. This girl was told to avoid it, but noticed everyone eating it and was asking if it was really ok. When I read that it's like a light bulb went off and I thought that probably was our problem. The holidays were really bad with chocolate. :) I stopped eating it and within a day we saw improvement. Within two days she was completely normal. She was taking two or more hours for her naps and going to sleep at night without fussing at all. It feels like a miracle. I am extremely sad about the chocolate though. Hopefully it will get easier or she will tolerate it better as time goes by.
A friend brought over some pumpkin bread with chocolate chips in it and I had the smallest little bite with a couple little chocolate chips in it. That night she had a hard time going to sleep. I couldn't believe that was all it took for her to mess her up. Now I haven't had any chocolate in over a week. I had to throw away all the yummy Christmas neighbor gifts and send some other stuff with Jared to work. Not having the temptation has been really good. She is doing great!
Her skin has also cleared up around her mouth. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but it probably did. I love seeing her beautiful smooth skin again.
She is doing great with tummy time! She loves it and doesn't complain at all. Ryan always threw a fit, Brady just laid there and she just keeps her head up as high as she can while grunting. I love it. :) With her being in the harness, we actually do more tummy time than before. Because she has a limited time with it off, I make sure that tummy time is part of it.
Brynn is also doing great at grabbing things. If it's dangling above her she loves to reach out and grab it. She hasn't quite got it down when she is sitting up, but she is getting better. She got a lot of rattles and stuffed animals for Christmas and she loves shaking them once she gets a hold of them. She also mouths it.
There was a time when she would lay playing and then just fall asleep. I would be busy doing something like making lunch and wouldn't realize it until she had been asleep for awhile. I loved it.
She has started to giggle and laugh and we adore it! Here are a couple videos of it.
Some other things to note:
She is sleeping 7-9 hours at night. It's wonderful! She also does really well with naps. She has Violet to sing songs to her and she takes a pacifier. She spits it out a lot, so I don't think she will keep it forever. We still swaddle her using a receiving blanket and a sleep sack over that.
She is still doing well with breastfeeding. She is starting to pull off and on when there isn't a ton of milk. She is getting lazy I guess. She is also starting to get a little distracted so we stay in her room and keep our fingers crossed the boys don't come in.
She loves bath time. She gets a bath about every 3-4 days. She gets one first and then the boys bathe while Mommy dresses her. It's been working pretty well for us. She doesn't have the same skin issues as Brady so I can use baby lotion on her and I love it! She smells so good after a bath. She hasn't had any rashes yet, maybe a teeny tiny one, but it was gone within a day.
She is wearing size 2 Luvs diapers. I think she may grow out of them soon though. She isn't leaking through at all, but they are getting smaller on her! She had quite a growth spurt at the end of the month. She is also into 3-6 month clothes now. She can still wear some of her 0-3 month clothes, but they are getting kind of tight. It's so sad they go through them so fast.
The boys are still so in love with her and are in her face constantly. She gets startled really easily so they have fun with that unfortunately. If she is awake, it's really crazy around here. Ryan bit her just to see what would happen. He is normally very good with her, but he's still only four years old I guess. He loves to hold her just like Mommy and Daddy which makes our hair stand on end. I am trying to learn to trust him (despite said biting issues...).
We are so excited to see what this next month has to bring! Hopefully she will have the harness off and be rolling around in no time. And I can't wait to see her playing more with her new toys. Hopefully her cheeks stay just as plump because they are so much fun to kiss. We just love our little Brynnee so much!





3 comments:
She is getting so big!! I loved the videos of her laughing. I'm so glad you found out what was bothering her. Crazy how something like that would affect her that much. Sleep is a blessed thing!
She's so tiny in her 1 week photo compared to her other photos! Then you have that photo of her and Brady and she looks tiny again. I hope she can have her harness off soon. That's no fun. Good for her for being a great sleeper now! Sorry for the no chocolate! It bites. Some times you just want chocolate. She's adorable.
She is such a beautiful girl! It makes me kind of sad to see how fast they change in such a short time. It really puts perspective on making every moment count. They don't stay little for very long.
I think you mama's that make sacrifices like Chocolate are remarkable. It is a true showing of love.
And her smile! Ahhh she is just so cute! She is like a mini you.
To answer your questions from my blog, no I am not back into my pre prego jeans, they aren't maternity but they are much bigger then what I was wearing previously. Your comment however made me feel so good. :)
Post a Comment