Wednesday, July 24, 2013
30 Weeks
Today, Tuesday, July 23rd, I am 30 weeks pregnant. I am writing this at 11:30 pm, so I've got 30 minutes to hit publish and be exactly 30 weeks. :)
I had my 30 week appointment yesterday and everything checked out fine. I did have my glucose test done two weeks ago and my hemoglobin came back low. The doctor said if I wasn't taking my prenatals, I probably should. Oops! So I gotta start taking them. I have to choose between feeling dizzy and feeling nauseous. Both suck. My friend gave me some pills to try out that are food based, but I haven't taken them consistently to know if they make me nauseous or not. I hope they work because I hate making that choice of which crappy to feel.
Baby girl is moving like crazy all the time. She especially likes when I eat. Oh that reminds me, I have gained 26 pounds so far. I lost weight when I was sick with Ryan and Brady, but I didn't get as sick with this one. That makes for more weight to lose later. I gained 35 pounds total with them and I am pretty sure that I will gain more than 10 pounds in the next 10 weeks. Yikes. More stretch marks here we come!
Back to her moving... I just love it. It's my absolute favorite part of pregnancy. It amazes me every single time. I love sharing it too. Jared hates feeling my belly. It freaks him out. So whenever I get willing people to feel her move it makes me so happy to share the miracle. She stretches a lot and it is getting uncomfortable. At night lately, I will lay on my right side and it will feel like a sucker punch into my side. I don't know if it hurts because that's where the placenta is, but I feel like I have to roll over to my other side (which faces Jared and his snoring) and I just can't do it. It's either deal with the snoring breathing husband or deal with the sucker kicks. Which do I choose? Both. Let's face it, I can't stay on one side while I am awake for too long anyway. :) But I stay on my left side as short as possible.
We start our hypnobabies classes in a week and a half. I am excited and I hope it really helps me have a natural birth that I so want. We also hired a doula. She is a hypnobabies instructor and about the same age as me. She seemed pretty cool and I hope she will be able to help me get the birth that I want.
Names are still a pain. Jared is just so darn stubborn. I told him I am naming her by myself since he brings nothing to the table and hates everything I suggest. He said I need to just look harder. Forget that! Either he looks himself, or I am naming her. My favorite is still Brynnlee. We have added Ezri to the list though. It's a weird name, but at the same time so unique and cute. And Jared didn't say he hated it (although now he refuses to admit that it peaked his interest).
Other updates are that I have all the design stuff for her room done, now I just need to do it. I can't seem to find the time though. It amazes me how people can make so many things or just do a nursery. Maybe it's the low blood pressure, but every afternoon I want to rest and do nothing. But time's a tickin' and I really need to get on it. I am making a crib sheet and ruffled crib skirt out of beautiful fabric from The Ribbon Retreat. I am going to do a tutorial for them so I could save money on the fabric. It's good too because it gives me another deadline besides her due date. I am also going to make baskets, a cover for the changing pad, paint curtains, paint a dresser, and then little decorative stuff. It gives me anxiety and makes me wish I didn't decide to do a nursery in the first place. Oh well... I need to because she is my rainbow baby girl and we deserve a little spot to sit and love on one another that is comfy and girly, right?
I can't think of anything else to update on. I, of course, feel very pregnant and everything aches. I get cramps and braxton hicks tons, especially at night. I am starting to get puffy, thank you summer and chocolate addiction. My hip has always hurt, but it seems like the other stuff hurting makes me less noticeable. My lower back is starting to hurt a lot. I have heartburn every night. I can't fall asleep worth anything. It's hard because it makes me angry at Jared since I have to lay listening to him snore. Poor guy might get bruises from me elbowing him one day. I did get some Tylenol PM and hopefully it will help with the aches and sleep. It's all worth it though.
The boys are extremely ready for baby girl to come. Ryan LOVES babies, especially girls. He is going to be so sweet with her. And Brady has done a 180 and wants to hold babies now and give them kisses. He says hi to my belly and gives kisses to my belly. I know he will be ready when she comes and life will be a lot easier with this transition than it was to two I think. Love makes everything possible! :)
I went back through the blog and found these two comparison pictures. One of me 30 weeks pregnant with Ryan and 28 weeks pregnant with Brady. Two weeks makes a big difference, but I think I am about the same size I was with Brady at 30 weeks. Definitely bigger than I was with Ryan. Hopefully baby girl is nice and isn't over 9 pounds at delivery. Fingers crossed! :)
Alright, that's all for now. Hopefully soon I can update with all my projects for the nursery! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Love the update! If it makes you feel any better...Ava's room and Hayden's room are totally not finished in the decorating aspect! Bugs me everyday. Haha. It is getting closer, I can't wait to meet baby girl.
I should not have read your post! I forgot about all that I am about to encounter coming into my 3rd trimester. You are looking amazing! and cute! My neice is Ezrie, it's a cute name. So is brynlee. husbands can be such a pain with names.
Post a Comment