My mom always makes a big deal out of New Years Eve and it's so fun!
We like to have her over to our house to celebrate, in style of course!
We started out the evening by playing a bunch of games.
The first game on our list was bowling!
Ryan has a cute bowling ball and pins game so we played that for a little bit.
Brady played with a balloon that Grandma brought. He loves it! Sadly, whenever he is having fun, that means Ryan wants it and he comes up and grabs it away from Brady. Such is life with older siblings. :)
Ryan gave Brady this car in exchange for the balloon. Most of the time it doesn't work, but Ryan still tries to make his brother happier while he is stealing his toy. :)
The next game that we played was Follow The Leader. Ryan thought that this was SO much fun! We did too until he was the leader and all he wanted to do was spin in circles! Both Mommy and Grandma could only spin for so long. :)
The next game we played was "Get the cookie from your head to your mouth with no hands!" Normally you use oreos but we didn't have any. Animal Crackers worked just as well! This is so funny! Ryan laughed and laughed. He looks pretty cute doing it too!
Grandma trying it out! She did awesome!
Brady didn't think this game was that much fun. :)
After all of our games we go together to countdown to the new year! (It was probably only like 8 pm.)
It was nice not staying up this year! :)
One tradition of my moms is to make a birthday cake for the new year.
Then when it hits midnight you blow out all the candles.
It was dark when we blew the candles out. We all had glow sticks and played around with them for a few minutes. Ryan wanted the lights on pretty quick though! :)
We had so much fun! I would take this over going to some fancy schmancy new years party any time!
I love my family so much!
5 comments:
How fun!!! We do the same thing, just stay home and play games and I am with you its the only way to do New Years Eve!!! I love a good Party at home :). The pictures are so cute! I love the group one with the hats and stuff! The movies always make me smile! :)
How much FUN! I want to play some of those games, bowling, following the leader (so many simple things that can be SO fun!) You have an amazing family, what wonderful memories you are creating.
Happy New Year 2012!!!
Thank you for inviting me over and I had good time.
I love to reach cookie from forehead. I kept watching the video of Ryan. He was sooooo cute. I love it.
I agreed with you about Brady loves the balloons funny!!!
I love you all.
In the video, Ryan is soooo cute to get cookie into his mouth...cute facial express with mouth and eyes. I love it.
Mom
That looked so fun!
First thing I noticed was how CUTE Mom looks! I was with her and convinced her to buy that shirt. :) Good thing- it looks so good on her!
Second, you're wearing the Washington shirt I bought you! :) And it also looks so cute on you!
The videos of the animal crackers on your foreheads made me laugh out loud. Ryan's face was hilarious. Mom did awesome. And I loved the video of Brady being confused then just start crying- hahah!
Post a Comment