Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Third Anniversary

Our third anniversary is on August 19th. I can't believe it's been three years! (and parts of me, can! :) We really do love being married and can't imagine life without the other. Jared is absolutely amazing. Of course there are those little things and days where I can't stand him, but I couldn't have married anyone better. He is my everything and I absolutely love him!

We celebrated our third anniversary in St. George and Mesquite. We went down to St. George on thursday and stayed at Comfort Suites right off of exit #6 Bluff street. It was soooo comfortable! The prices were pretty good so we will definitely be staying there again. We went to see Les Miserables at the Tuacahn Amphitheatre that night. I have always loved the music of Les Mis and had never seen it and this was my chance! Jared tagged along and didn't complain once except for the fact that I made him dress up (growing up I was taught to always dress up nicely for the theatre). He was wearing a long sleeve shirt and dress slacks. He was one of two men there wearing a long sleeve shirt, and the other man had his rolled up. Let me repeat that this is an AMPHITHEATRE (outdoors) and it is in St. George (100* temps). He was pretty frustrated that I made him wear this even though almost every single person in the theatre was wearing jeans and cool clothing. Even though he was frustrated he didn't really complain hardly at all... compared to how much I probably would've complained. He was just so sweet and wanted me to enjoy the show. :) I did enjoy the show too... I didn't know that it was only singing though so that was a surprise. I think I still need to see it at a place like Capitol Theatre to get the total effect of it, but all in all it was good. I didn't cry though, which was weird considering I was told everyone cries in it. Here is a picture of us at the theatre before the show.




The next day we checked out and went to the St. George temple. It has been forever since we have both gone to a session and it was soooo nice! It is always so hard to find the time to go, but once you go it is an awesome feeling. So we will hopefully keep our promise to go once a month. We took a few pictures of the grounds. It's amazing how beautiful each temple is. I know there are a few "ugly" temples, but I really enjoy the beauty of all of them. I even think the Provo Temple is beautiful. (Especially since they painted the spire white :) I guess it's just what each one represents to me and the relationship that grows by attending it often. We got married in the Jordan River temple, which is rare for a Salt Lake Valley girl. I had the SLC, Timp, Bountiful temples to choose from (the pretty ones) and I went with the Jordan River because that is where I went for baptisms for the dead and I grew to love that temple. St. George is by all means a beautiful temple and these pictures should show what I mean.



We ate in St. George before heading down to Mesquite. Neither of us could remember how long it took to get there from St. George so we gave ourselves two hours to get there. Turns out that it only takes a half hour to get there! Luckily we were able to check in early. We stayed at Casablanca Resort and Casino.




Once we got there we took a nap, went swimming, and then were going to get something to eat and head to a movie. It was about 9 pm when we went down to the lobby to ask about where the cinemas were. We got the listings as well and found out that the latest movies show at about 9:30! No midnight movies or movies at 10:30??? I guess we're spoiled here in Utah! We skipped eating and went to see The Mummy 3. It was in a huge huge huge theatre and there were 10 people. It was a pretty dumb movie.... we both agreed we should've gone to see Hancock instead. After getting out of the movie at like 11:15 we wanted to get something to eat. The town was dead! We finally found a Del Taco that was open and grabbed some food there. We would've eaten in the 24 hour restaurant in the hotel except that it totally smelled like smoke. The buffet in the hotel even closed at 9 pm. Can you believe that? When you have a long way to walk to your car, you're mormon and a non-smoker, and are night owls... this town totally sucks. When we got back to the hotel we knew where everyone was.. in the casinos. But it was just so weird to see the difference between Mesquite and Las Vegas and even Provo. Our room was okay and the pool was fun, but we won't be staying in Mesquite on purpose for a very long time. I think we got spoiled on our last honeymoon when our hotel had everything in it (we didn't have to get our car once) and the food was in a smoke-free environment and delicious!

We still had a nice time relaxing and watched the olympics and slept a lot. We went to go see the Dark Knight the next day (at 4:30 the theatre had about 15 people in it). There was a thunder storm that night so the pool was closed so we stayed in our room and on your anniversary I guess that necessarily isn't a bad thing. :) We had a great time being together and relaxing, but we are glad for the experience and to know to never go to Mesquite again.

On our way home we wanted to go on the scenic drive of Kolob Canyons, but it would've cost us $25. I understand the need, but I hate the fact that I have to pay to just drive through pretty scenery. So we skipped that. This is a picture we took in the little 20 mile drive in Arizona between Utah and Nevada. It's not Zions, but still pretty. Anyway, our real anniversary is tomorrow and we plan on going some place nice and I am pretty excited! If anyone has any ideas of nice places that don't suck... let me know :). Thanks!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Your trip sounds like it was a lot of fun. I love all the anniversary trips Marcus and I have ever gone on, even if parts of them are lame, because they really do help us strengthen our marriage and remember how we felt on our honeymoon.

Congrats on three years!!!

Lanae Hale said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm jealous that you got to see Les Miserables. I've never seen it in the theatre but I absolutely love the music! I hope everything's going great with the pregnancy!

:: ashley :: said...

Happy Anniversary! 3 years is awesome, time flies! geesh- congrats! You look so happy, so I am happy for ya!