Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Jared

I noticed the other day that I don't actually say much about Jared in the blog, even though it has his name in it. So this post is to update blog readers on what Jared has been up to.
Jared just finished spring quarter at BYU and got pretty good grades in some classes. He was taking three classes all in 7 1/2 weeks, which is really difficult, but he did it! He just started the new quarter about a week and a half ago. He also is taking three classes again. He is taking American Heritage independent study and it is due on the 9th so he has a lot to do with that. He is also taking two of the classes deemed by a BYU survey as the most time consuming. AND he is taking both of these in a shortened summer quarter! As you can imagine, he is very stressed out and unsure if he can handle the load. Luckily, I am working full-time as a sugar mama so he can not work and just focus on school. He basically needs to be at school all day and treat it like more than a full-time job. I just keep telling him... only 6 more weeks!

If he keeps this good work up, he will graduate in April! Although, we've been discussing the possibility of him getting an internship somewhere (anywhere) next summer, which may delay his graduating, but give him some really good experience. Hopefully I will be pregnant soon so we can have a baby before next summer. If we don't, then it will really limit our options. So here's to keeping our fingers crossed!

In other Jared news... our next door neighbor, Ben, got a motorcycle about three weeks ago. Guess who wants one? And since Ben is going into the military (heading out to boot camp on August 14th), guess who wants one NOW (so he can ride with Ben before he goes)? Yep, that would be Jared. The thing that sucks is I really want him to have one, but I don't see any need for one. We have two cars and he only goes less than a mile to school each day so the saving gas reason kind of falls apart. AND we have student debt to pay off way before we should be thinking about spending on things we don't need. For some reason, Jared doesn't seem to understand this. All he can think about is how cool it would be. I made the mistake of telling him he looked hot riding Ben's bike... and now he uses that as a reason for wanting one! I don't know what to do. I'm hoping if I do nothing, he will eventually give up. Here is the picture of the bike he wants... what do you think we should do???

3 comments:

Anna said...

Sometimes it's so hard not to splurge and buy crazy things you really don't need. Good luck making that decision!

Big Poppa said...

Shirley
This is Grandpa Hale - I believe it would be in the best interest of the marriage to allow Jared this wonderful opportunity to own a motorcycle. He has worked so hard and is such a faithful supporter of everything you do. What is the harm in letting a boy reach his dreams of owning a motorcycle!
Garen Hale

Nancy said...

GO JARED!

I say, let him have it. He has worked sooo hard this semester and he wants one soooooo bad!

BUT then again, that's a lot easier to say for someone else's husband than your own. :) I'd probably pray my heart out everyday and night that he doesn't die if Jonathon ever wanted one. Thank goodness Jonathon learned all his safety lessons early on in life to let him never do anything dangerous now.

All this news - I haven't talked to you in SO LONG!